|
|
| |
I'm not someone who normally follows soccer (football, for everyone outside the US) closely, but when the World Cup comes around, I'm all in. That's been no different this edition, and while I've been loving the general excitement, I've been especially enthused about all of the photography-related stories coming out of the tournament. I was even lucky enough to interview a Getty Images photographer about her experience photographing the World Cup, which was really special. |
I've certainly enjoyed the standard journalism-style imagery, but I've been especially impressed by all of the photographers striving for more creative takes, whether through unexpected cameras and lenses or by getting different perspectives. Even as a photographer who doesn't photograph sports, it's been inspiring to see, and it's given me ideas for refreshing some of my own approaches. |
With the final whistle blown, it felt right to lean into the World Cup this week, but there's plenty here for those who successfully avoided the whole thing as well. As always, feel free to reach out to say hello, share feedback, or pitch an idea. I'd love to hear what's been inspiring you. |
–Abby Ferguson, Features Editor |
|
| |
|
|
Presented by |
|
|
|
The All-in-One Photo Enhancer You’ve Been Waiting For |
|
|
|
The Aiarty Image Enhancer, an integrated AI image enhancement solution, addresses real-world problems like high ISO noise, low-light, motion blur, soft focus, and low-resolution. It deliver natural results with rich and realistic details while preserving a natural look and avoiding over-processed results. Powered by three AI models trained on millions of photos, it delivers precise enhancements with features like Face Restoration, Color Adjustment, and SDR to HDR – even offline. |
Plus, DPReview readers can access a lifetime license of the Aiarty Image Enhancer for three computers for just $79 – 49% off the standard price of $155. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posts That Stopped the Scroll |
| |
Shooting from the roof of Mercedes-Benz Stadium isn't the typical sports photography vantage point, which is what made this stand out to me. This photographer walks through their approach to finding a different perspective, and their images show that you don't have to sacrifice storytelling to achieve something visually unexpected. |
|
|
|
|
This video from the Financial Times digs into the recent comeback of digital cameras, touching on what may be driving the renewed interest and whether higher prices could cool it off again. As someone who loves cameras, I'm glad to see increased interest, and I certainly hope this is more than a short-lived trend. |
|
|
|
|
Lastly, this video of a wildlife photographer’s very close encounter with some coastal brown bears is absolutely wild, and the photos he got as a result are spectacular (though please don’t try to replicate this). |
| |
 |
mattaddington38K followers |
|
|
 |
|
|
3M likes & 17K comments mattaddington |
Undoubtedly, one of the more surreal experiences of my life. I have lots more to share, but needless to say, this was a story to tell. These coastal brown bears slowly and peacefully grazed in from over 100 yards away. Scott and Jackie Stone hav... |
|
|
Add a comment... |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
 |
Credit: Max Lowe |
|
Our ‘What’s in your bag?’ community spotlight series typically features DPReview forum members sharing their favorite gear and photography. However, this time, we’re highlighting a familiar face – past contributor Max – bringing his perspective to the series. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
Photo by liquidsquid |
|
Photographing a landscape full of lightning bugs (or fireflies, if that’s more your style) has been high on my bucket list for a very long time, so I was very excited to see this spectacular image taken by liquidsquid in our forums. |
|
|
| |
“What I think is so fun about the World Cup is just how passionate these people are.” |
|
|
| |
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment